Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Step 4 and Email

Good Morning, I will be starting step 4 this week I'm looking forward to GETTING it over! Yet for the therapeutic value I'm looking to getting started. I Have a Hard time opening up to people. Letting them know who I REALLY am. I sent an email to a person last night and well I Really opened up. I do not know if the email is/was appropriate to send to this person or not and have not heard a reply from them...Yet...I feel like a new baby. Everything is different now that I'm sober! Everything. I like the changes although sometime difficult.

Today I'm GrAAteful for:
1) A GOOD job
2) A GOOD sponsor
3) Nicotine and caffeine
4) Sobriety
5) Food in the fridge
6) Roof over my head
7) My own bath towel
8) 4 Rent receipts (Never have I ever had 4 consecutive rent receipts)
9) 50% good co-workers
10) A clear head
11) Birds outside my window
12) Hot showers
13) I'm not in prison
14) I'm not fighting a war in my head or in Iraq
15) The unconditional love my parents display
16) That my step dad taught me how not to raise children.
17) Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa, Grateful Dead and other fine musicians.
18) peace and quiet in the morning.

Have a good day all

1 comment:

dAAve said...

Superb list. It's obvious that you're working with another alcoholic who has worked the steps.

I bet that in a short time, you will find that many more than 50% of you co-workers are good. It's my experience that most people are as good as we want them to be. When they aren't, it's because of MY expectations.