Monday, August 14, 2006

Sober

Good Morning, I remember when smoking pot was an extra curricular activity. Back then it was (apparently)harmless. I had some good times! And then somewhere along the line "IT" became a necessity and it sure as hell wasn't so fun any more. Then after 13 years of saying I would never stick a needle in my arm, I tried it and Said WOW WHY DIDN'T I DO THAT 13 YEARS AGO. Then "It"...Then my disease became a demand and then it was definitely not fun!!! Probably closer to HELL!!!
I have had more fun in my sober days than the "good" days high. I wake up and I'm grateful not to have my brain clouded by drugs. It really is nice not to have the monkey on my back.
I have not been to a meeting in a while and hope to go tonight after work. I volunteered at the alano club again last night. I had a severe headache and found it difficult to listen to sober alcoholics all night. Someone always has a better story or had it rougher then some one else. From what I saw/see It's just like a bar with out the happy sauce. It's ok It was very therapeutic to get out of myself and be their for other people.
I must get ready for play time I hope you all have a good day.
Note: dAAve thanks for calling me on my shit. I kind of...Hum..."Forgot" to go to meetings until you said something yesterday. I kind of got wrapped up in life's events and kind of put my recovery on the back burner. Thanks.

1 comment:

dAAve said...

I find it easier and much more therapeutic to listen to other sober alcoholics than to myself.
LOL