Sunday, August 06, 2006

The perfect day...

...Good Morning all. I had an extremely good day yesterday. Very long and exhausting but good. It started here at home I drank a pot of coffee then got to work and had TWO 8 shot latte's...Lets just say I was a little wired. Anyways It worked out great. My boss is...Well he's a hard ass, some days I like him some days I want to blow up his truck. Most days we get along and all is well. At work theirs a board that displays what "Position" you will work for that day. Yesterday my name was on the "product coordinate." Especially on Saturdays I HATE this spot. It makes for a long day. Now Saturday has always been the busiest day of the week...Normally I work the grill until 10am or so then I move to a less demanding spot. (cause I cant keep up). Well @ 11:18 I was still on the grill and doing fine. 12:00 I'm happy that I'm still their and want to make my boss proud. Anyways I stayed on the grill from 5:30am to 4:30pm and I did not run out of product once!!! Now I'm not sure if it was the caffeine that helped me keep up or if it was sheer dertermination to do a good job and...Well say thank-you for my raise. Hey it's only 17 cents, But it's not about the money for my this time it's about self respect, pride, my daughter and some land in Florida. I love my job!!! Anyways, I started to run out of juice about 3:45pm. I was in hell by 4:15. By 4:30 I just wanted to lye down on the floor and SLEEP!!! Oh I hurt so bad! Then my boss came over and said You can go home after you do "chili meat" that takes 5 min...Cool, yes sweet. I was so happy I wanted to give him a big 'ol hug! So I came home and planned to go straight to bed...Nope backfire! Still too much caffeine flowing through my veins. Finally at 8:30pm I fell asleep and slept like a rock till 20 min ago (4:37)
I have worked at my job since may first of this year and this will be my first Sunday...I wonder what is in store for me today?
All right friends, Have a super fantastic day I need to get ready for...LOL..."Play time"...Why does it have to be work? Why does it have to be a job? Fun time? Happy time? Play time? Any ways I love my job...h.a.g.d. All...

2 comments:

dAAve said...

When you enjoy your job, you never have to work again.

You sound good. Try not to blow up any trucks or kill any roommates.

Mary Christine said...

What a happy post. Thanks for sharing.