Friday, August 25, 2006

Languages

Good Evening:):):) What a Good day:) Their are four of us at work actively learning the opposite language. 3 are learning English, And me Spanish. I LOVE it:):):) Mr. M just used to look at me like I was stupid. Now he is starting to speak to me in Spanish:):):) This is a miracle!!! Anyways the 4 of us spend a lot of time "Trading words." Some times we get caught up in learning each others language and we forget were at work and have things to do. Mr. M does not get mad or annoyed, but politely reminds us to stay focused. THIS IS A HUGE MIRACLE!!!!!!!!! I rode home with one of the ladies that I learn from, It was great:):):) Now I just need to find some Spanish people to talk to while I'm not at work so I don't have to worry about staying focused on work when I want to stay focused on learning another language.
I also can "speak" sign language. Although very rusty I still know enough to hold a conversation:) Maybe I should go to a Spanish church. Meet some nice Spanish people...Maybe find a nice senorita...Get married and have...mexlets,,,LOL...mexlets...LOL...Where did I come up with that? LOL. NO! NO! NO! No senorita Gregorio. Wait one more year. Then you can go looking for sinoritas. Mr. Hyde: "You could go to the bars in town and learn Spanish from the Mexicans their. I promise I wont ask for a beer." Dr. Jekyll: "Yea I think the Spanish church thing is a good idea I'll Go with that. Oh Mr. Hyde did you say something? I did not hear you, I uhm "lost" my hearing aid."
I have been very sarcastic lately. I wonder if that's ok? I'm on question 3 of my step work. This makes me happy and yet at the same time it's hard. I've spent most of...1/2 of my life. I've spent 1/2 my life avoiding myself. Now I have to turn around and take a GOOD LONG LOOK at myself and say hummmm...I...No I do not want to look through "pot" colored glasses cause then My vision would be distorted again and that's the whole thing . All my life my "vision" has been distorted and I have a queer (weird or fantastically strange) idea of reality. I Like my new perspective of reality and from what I hear it only gets better...Hey I could go to the Spanish AA meetings. That would be 1) a Place to go for MY recovery and 2) I could learn some more Spanish.
wow I talk a lot. That's ok. Well I suppose Beings I need to get up @ 2am again I had better eat dinner and go to bed. Good night and hope to talk to you all tomorrow. Oh My sponsor and I have decided to go camping for my 3 days off so if you don't hear from me no worries. I'm in good hands with Allstate. gn gb yfg

2 comments:

dAAve said...

Ideally, you could try a Spanish chruch for the deaf.
But a spanish-speaking AA meeting would be great to try.
Good for you -- expanding your knowledge.

Alcoholic Brain said...

yo, no mos porono iguanna. Ju ever read page 417 AA Big Book? Great post.