Friday, August 25, 2006

Big Book

Good morning. I had a Great day yesterday. In regards to yesterdays post. Just let it go man. Just let it go! I work my favorite shift today and tomorrow. 5:30am to 15:00.
then I'm going to be as lazy as I possibly can on my three...Yes 3 days off :):):) Beings it's almost 3am here I HOPE that I will have the house to myself and everyone will stay fast asleep. I have no idea why I said that I was going to work the club tonight. I don't think it would be very wise. By the time I get home I will only get 2 hours of sleep to have to turn around and wake up and work 10 hours...Ahhh it's (my) Friday with 3 days off to follow, why the heck not!

Today I am grateful for:
1) Being sober.
2) Being employable.
3) Being more honest than I was in my addiction.
4) Being responsible.
5) Being alive.
6) Being healthy.
7) Being creative.
8) I'm smiling about roommate #2 getting coffee right now. Yesterday I wanted to poke her eye out. So much for quiet time...Oh well it's all good.
9) Public transportation.
10) I don't have cancer...Yet.
11)
...Talking...

So I have been bringing my big book to work, and reading it at every opportunity I can. I have been really active in my recovery lately and I like it! My general manager is a normie and he asked me what I was reading...uhm..."My big book." he looked at me kind a funny. "No not the bible"...Puzzled he walked away. I smiled and Hope this question was in the back of his head all day. "What the heck is the big book?"
Well so much for QUIET TIME. Roommate #2 is up. She just talked my ear off. Very LOUD talker. Now she has her radio blaring at 3:30 in the am...Poor sleeping roommate #1. SHHHHHH ITS QUIET TIME!!!!! Ok I must get ready for play time... It is going to be a super fantastic day today. I probably will not post until Saturday night or Sunday morning so till then hagd my friends yfg

3 comments:

dAAve said...

Nice post Greg.
Acceptance is the answer.
Have a GREAT day!

Gooey Munster said...

I love to carry my BB too, I have one I keep in my truck. It is spiritual medicine, and boy do we need that whenever we can get it! I am glad to see you having this by your side.

Have a great Friday!

Oh, I am liking the gratitude shown.

Alcoholic Brain said...

Very, very, sweet post dude! Cool and way to go!! Looking toward the other side of the bridge is cool...