Thursday, August 24, 2006

Pull your weight.

Good Morning.
I'm sleepy. I just woke up! Yea the coffee is done. BRB...Ooh...ahhh...
MANY times in past rental situations I have NOT pulled my weight! 2 or 3 months behind in rent, and food what's that? Why in the heck would I buy food? I'll just eat your food.
...Forgive us as we forgive those who trespass against us...Roommate #2 has not bought groceries this month! Man it is REALLY disturbing me! Every time she goes to the kitchen to get a soda, a cup of coffee, a bowl of cereal, or just to see what's their. I get ANGRY! Don't eat my food Bitch! I wouldn't give a damn if roommate #2 would buy food! She gets money on food stamps! But like I said maybe it's time I pull someone else's weight for a change. It HURTS and I DO NOT like it, but now I'm able to experience what burden my active addiction was on other people. It is only right to "put the shoe on the other foot" right?

I started working step one last night...Well I started the first question yesterday morning. Got stumped at the first question and thought about it for 10 hours, then started writing. The question. "What does the disease of addiction mean to me?" So far I have...5 pages going. I thought I was going to have a hard time answering it!

Just for today my thoughts will be on my recovery, living and enjoying life with out the use of drugs.
Just for today I will have faith in someone in NA who believes in me and wants to help me in me recovery.
Just for today I will have a program. I will try to follow it to the best of my ability.
Just for today through NA I will try to get a better perspective on my life.
Just for today I will be unafraid, my thoughts will be on my new associations, people who are not using and who have found a new way of life. So long as I follow that way, I have nothing to fear.
copied from the NA book "Just for today."

hagd all and hope all is well it your heads. Merry CHRISTmas...Roommate #2 gets coffee...Bitch put it back!!! That's mine! God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change. The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference.

Ok Ok I'll let her have only one cup! Just one, then she can make coffee with her own grounds...Wait she doesn't have any. Oh darn...Look at me. Why so hate full?
Mr. Hyde: "BEER"
Dr. Jekyll: "NO"
ok all have a good day and I will continue later. Till then. God bless:):):)

3 comments:

Trudging said...

I have been there many times myself buddy. You are doing good.

dAAve said...

I agree with trudging.
It is usually painful to see our own behavior being practiced by others.
Love and tolerance. That is our code. We can't afford the luxury of anger and resentments.

Alcoholic Brain said...

Great post. Mr Hyde reninds me of Homer Simpson on cocaine...