Tuesday, August 29, 2006

3 Days

Good evening. I Had a great time the last 3 days. I don't want to be home yet but oh well. We took 123 pictures so stay tuned to flickr to see our camping adventures. Last night at the...
Something very strange happened to me. Something that has NEVER happened to me in my life...
I said NO to pot and good 'ol veno. I went to bed sober and woke up sober:):):):):):) Last night was the roughest night of sleep I've had in a long time. I slept on the ground in the dirt. Last night the wind was horrendous!!! I went to bed about two am this morning after tramping through the woods in the dark for 3 hours. Went to bed and woke up freezing my ass off and getting sand blasted in my face. That was 4:30 then I made a pot of coffee and went back to bed and was miserable till I got up 3 1/2 hrs later. Do you think I had enough common sense to go sleep in the 3 man tent with only one person? Hell no! Stupid ass. At least I had enough common sense to say no and stay sober! I'm off to bed I'm exhausted so I'll talk more in the morning.

4 comments:

kel said...

Greg-

So glad to hear you didnt want to take a drink when you were in the bar and that you turned down the pot. Your getting stronger and you should be really proud of yourself!! Its true when you see the disease in action how unappealing it is. I am assuming the princes father was drinking it up last night, cause when I got u this morning I could smell the trail of alcohol breath from his room to the bathroom. How disgusting is that??? Peace.

Trudging said...

Great pictures! I am glad that you stayed sober but, what are you doing going camping with people who drink and drug.

Alcoholic Brain said...

Amazing the good things you can find in a dumpster. Glad your clean and sober.

Greg said...

I didnt go camping with anyone that used drugs or anything else. It was our neighbors at the camp ground. They invited us over for dinner. woo hoo free food. so we went. They happen to be active in their addiction and asked us and we said no