Monday, July 31, 2006

My name is Gregory and I'm an addict

I have two things I'd like to share tonight.
First is a poem That I wrote on Friday. Now I tried to find a pretty pot plant to go with the poem and came across this picture and had to throw it in.

Sticky Green NO MORE!!!
Green sticky weed I love you so much,
You sparkle like a million diamonds. We smoke like a diesel locomotive.
your smell is sweeter than French silk pie.
Your effect is OUTSTANDING!
As we climb to an altitude of 50,000 feet I am finally
alone and able to relax enough to
contemplate the finer things of life as well as
some spiritual avenues.
You consume me in so many ways that you end up
Destroying me.
I will not associate with you anymore!!!
I'm sorry my love. I'm tired of being nothing with you.
Hopefully I can be something without.
Now for the second thing I'd like to contemplate...Narcotics Anonymous page 18...
...We are people with the disease of addiction who must abstain from all drugs in order to recover.
I consider myself an Addict because if you tell me to drink 1/2 a gallon of water a day I'll drink 2 gallons...If 2 aspirin will do I'll take 8, Seven times a day...If one bong rip will do I'll enduldge in 20...Moderation does not seem to be in my vocabulary. Lets take nicotine for example. I smoke hand rolled non filter cigarettes, cigars, a pipe and I chew 1/2 a can of husky fine cut. All in one day!!! Ok so back on track. Some have said that nicotine is a drug and like alcohol is a "Gateway drug" And in order to totally be free from The talons of my addiction then I must quit using nicotine...Well I should quit anyway cause at the rate that I'm going I'll have cancer within a year...Back on track Gregory...So lets assume that nicotine is a drug. And the NA book says that I must abstain from ALL drugs in order to recover...Do I need to quit? Yes. If for nothing more that health reasons, I'm not sure if it has any bearing on recovery. What do you think???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see nicotine that way, if only that I've never run across anyone who lost it all because of a cigarette.

dAAve said...

One addiction at a time.
Alcohol/narcotics need to go first because they change our behavior so detrimentally. Get the head cleared out first.